Answered By: Kim Leeder Reed Last Updated: Jul 07, 2017 Views: 1420
Want to submit another request? Click here to return to the form.
We're so glad you asked!
Check your email. For most things, you'll get the item you requested within 5 business days. This can vary, though, depending on what you requested, how easy it is to find, and what options are available to get a copy.
Here's the average time frame of what happens when you submit a request on a business day (assuming no weekends/holidays):
- Immediately: The request system sends us an email alerting us that you need something.
- Within hours: We review your request and determine how to fulfill it. You'll get an email right back if we have questions, but otherwise we spring into action! If it's a book or video we own, we'll submit a hold to get it ready at your requested pickup location. If we don't have it, we'll see if we can purchase it or start a request to get it for you from another library through our interlibrary loan (ILL) service.
- By the end of Day 0: We get the item moving. It's either been put on hold, ordered from a third-party vendor, or requested from our library network. If it's something we own and you're picking it up at its home library, you'll already have an email that it's ready to pick up.
- Day 1: If you requested something we own and asked for it to be sent to another location, you'll get an email that it's ready to pick up today at the pickup location you requested.
- Day 2-3: If you requested an article we didn't have access to, most of them will come through by email around now and we'll forward them to your CWI email address.
- Day 4: If you requested a book that we ordered, it will probably arrive at the Library this afternoon and go straight to cataloging and processing.
- Day 5: Your book order will usually be ready for pickup at the location you requested.
If you don't hear from us by Day 5, that usually means we had to work a little harder to get your item. Maybe it wasn't immediately available or we had to get it from an out-of-state library. It's coming, so hang in there. No news is good news: we'll email you if we can't get it, but as long as you haven't heard anything, we're still working.
If you have questions or just want to check on the status of your request, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org